The Dream of Flying and Traveling
Have you ever dreamed you are flying? It is a good sensation, isn't it? Flying dreams are one of the top 10 dreams themes reported by dreamers and may symbolize feeling "high", being happy in general or feeling good about something specific in waking life.
THE DREAM OF FLYING AND TRAVELING
By Lucas Compan, a guest storyteller
Dreams of flying may represent high hopes, feeling that nothing can hold you down or keep you reaching your goals. It could indicate that you are feeling in control of your life and your emotions. Freud saw flying as representing sexual release. Yep, that's Freud.
Alternately, flying may be compensating for a lack of freedom in waking life or may suggest you are overlooking or avoiding something. It may also suggest that you need to see things from a higher perspective or to look at the big picture. While flying, you may also be looking down on or feeling negative about something or someone, possibly yourself. Another possibility is that you need to live life more intensively, and you need to travel more frequently.
According to psychologists at the IAC - International Academy of Consciousness – a non-profit resarch and education organization with a presence in 9 countries and 13 cities around the world – dreaming of flying and the need of traveling have a strong connection. Traveling is a tangible possibility of flying for human beings. When you dream you are flying or when you are traveling, the motivations are:
1. Live life
3. Relief of Tension
6. Health and recreation
7. Family togetherness
8. Interpersonal relations
9. Roots or ethnic
10. Maintain social contacts
11. Convince oneself of one's achievements
12. Show one's importance to others
13. Status and prestige
17. Professional / business
19. Interest in foreign areas
20. Scenery motivation for traveling
Leisure is an important part of health – it's the portion of it that is adaptable to you, your needs, your dreams, your desires. Research continually shows that people who feel fulfilled are not only happier but also live longer. Here is why we think traveling is a great option for leisure, health, and to spread your winds:
- Expand Your Mind: Traveling allows the mind to grow and see the world in new and different ways. When we become accustomed to a certain way of living, our thoughts tend become closed to many of life’s possibilities.
- Become More Flexible: No matter how solid the travel plans may be, traveling always has an edge of unpredictability. For most travelers, it means that they need to allow a large margin for sudden changes in their schedules. This means that traveling will force you to be more flexible, an excellent quality that will make life much easier in the long run.
- Put Things In Perspective: We all tend to imagine that our personal problems are the worst in the world. That is, until we see first hand, the sufferings of others. When we view others in similar or worse situations, we all tend to realize that our problems are not as daunting as we previously thought. This greatly helps in reducing any stress or depression that may be lingering in the body.
- Try New Health Foods: traveling offers us the opportunity to leave our comfort zones and try local foods. This means that our body might be getting different nutrients that we are used to- adding an aspect of health to our travels
- Be More Active: Most traveling either has an element of sightseeing, walking, hiking, or water sports. It means that you can be active while still immersing yourself in a new place.
- Build Team Synergy: Traveling with another person, or even a group, brings everyone closer together by sharing new experiences simultaneously.
- Learn Patience: There are often language barriers and culture shocks when traveling. We can all learn a lesson in taking a deep breath, and not sweating the small stuff.
SENSE OF FLYING
What's it like flying down a mountain at 250 km/h | 155 miles/h? Espen Fadnes - The World’s Fastest Flying Human Being 2010 - teamed up with Project Managers Goovinn to communicate the experience of flying. ”SENSE OF FLYING” came out of the collaboration. Turn up the volume, experience it.
Check out "100 Years of New York City From Above"
OPEN YOUR WINGS AND FLY